Applying
Comments 8

Where Did You End Up? 2015

Now that April 15th has come and gone, let us know where you’ll be headed in the fall! Or if you’ll be pursuing other opportunities, reapplying again, etc.

Also, feel free to leave any questions you have about starting your MFA or reapplying. We’ll do our best to answer them.

Don’t forget we’re taking first year contributor applications until May 15th. You must be starting your MFA or creative writing MA in the fall to apply.

Image: Lucas

Advertisements

8 Comments

1. Mir-Yashar Seyedbagheri says

Think I mentioned it already, but I ended up at Colorado State (fiction). I’d love some tips on general workshop protocols, norms, etc.

2. Martina Clark says

Congratulations! For me, the most important thing I’ve learned about workshop is that each teacher runs it a bit differently so my advice is to ask each and every teacher to go over their ground rules for workshop at the very first class meeting. That way you’ll know what to expect from them and, what they expect from you. Hope that helps! -M

• Mir-Yashar Seyedbagheri says

Thanks! That really does help a great deal. I’m psyched about the opportunity. For a while, I thought I’d be going through applications again next year!

Liked by 1 person

3. lasgidi says

I’ll be going to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (fiction)! I’m beyond thrilled! Is it a good idea to try to come into the semester with a couple solid stories in hand? Im sorta working at that right now.

• Anonymous says

From my understanding, it’s definitely a good idea to come into the program with a few stories already typed up and ready to go, especially if you’re going to be taking a workshop class right away. Congrats in your admitance!

4. Rebecca says

I’ll be at the University of Central Florida, specializing in fiction. I can’t wait! I got my bachelors there in 2014 and I’m thrilled to go back. It’s a great program and I adore the faculty. Now the issue is getting some kind of funding.

5. Congrats to all! I learned in March I’d been accepted to BU’s MFA in Creative Writing (Poetry). Given I’d determined there was no use in applying to any other schools because I really couldn’t afford to do this degree unless a) I got to do it where I live, which happens to be in Boston, and b) substantial funding was included, it really was BU or bust. I still can’t believe the gamble worked out.

Liked by 1 person